Subject:   RE: 24 Game in Excel
Author: Mathman
Date: Aug 15 2006
On Aug 15 2006, Don Link wrote:
> Would have been nice if I gave you the URL:
> http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/25458

Nice.  I'd consider trying some randomly generated values to avoid the long
listing, but... "Whatever works."  Operations can be randomised with something
like =MID("+-/*";INT(RAND()*4+1);1), ...and so on.  However that might all be
more work than it's worth, so stick to the pedetermined listing.

In simpler terms [that I can understand], if looking simply for a summation to
24, one can randomly generate three values and ascertain the fourth by
subtraction from 24.  Different random ranges can be used for each of the first
three to avoid exceeding 24, yet getting an integer result for the fourth ....
as I said, a lot of work perhaps for little consequence.  A pretty problem.

David.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Math 6 on Excel discussion
Visit related discussions:
Math 6
Excel
Tools