Subject:   Algebra Balance Scales
Author: WandaB
Date: Jun 14 2005
One of my favorite tools: Algebra Balance Scales

http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/458/

The equation is represented on a virtual balance beam where students have to use
inverse operations to solve the equation. My students understand how to solve
equations and arrive at the correct solution, but don't really see a need to
show the work on both sides of the equation. This tool forces them to do so. At
each stage of solving the equation, the new equation is written. You can even
enter your own equation.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help