Subject:   Visual percent proportions
Author: WandaB
Date: Jun 15 2005
http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/442/

This tool is another favorite of mine. Using this tool, students set up the
percent proportion to find either the part, whole, or the percent. What I
particularly like about this tool is that it also shows the concept using a pie
chart.

My students usually have little difficulty setting up the percent proportion but
lack an understanding of what the solution represents. One drawback to this tool
is that it cannot handle percents greater than 100. (I believe the topic is
incorrect - percent of increase/decrease. Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help