Subject:   RE: Graphing calculators
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Jul 31 2005
Unless your son wants it just for fun I'd recommend caution. If a graphing
calculator is actually required by the teacher (as opposed to being discouraged
- which may well happen in some cases), then there may be a preferred model and
it would be wisest to use whatever the teacher is best prepared to support.
Also I suspect that there must be a large and growing supply of used ones that
you can get for almost nothing if you are prepared to forego the latest and
greatest (which may well be so great that it's not allowed on exams) and on the
other hand, if he always wants the best that money can buy, then there's nothing
on the market now that will "see him through high school and college".
-Alan

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools on Calculator discussion
Visit related discussions:
Calculator
Tools

Discussion Help