Subject:   RE: Searching for the right tool
Author: Craig
Date: Sep 2 2005
On Sep  2 2005, proofpad wrote:
> There is a wooden cone that is sliced into the different curves that
> my school loves to use for showing a hands-on version of where
> ellipses and the like come from.

We have such a cone; it came from the Geyer company (they have a catalog, and do
some great graph paper too).  Foster Mfg, in Plano, TX makes lots of wooden
models, too (we have a few that illustrate volumes by disks and volumes by
shells for Calculus).

If anyone knows an
> electronic version of that (or can make it) I would appreciate a
> link to that program as well!

Have you tried searching MathTools for "conic sections?"

--Good luck!

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Trigonometry discussion
Visit related discussions:
Trigonometry
Tools

Discussion Help