Subject:   Homework
Author: John Mac
Date: Aug 9 2006
I teach math at a local community college.

My biggest problem is getting students to spend time on homework.
They listen to my lectures.  They work assigned problems in class.
They are well disciplined.

This is the way it is done.
We assign problems from the book on the current skills that I have lectured on,
and we have worked in-class on.
Students are expected to work the problems in a composition book.
I can ask them to turn in their composition books while they are doing a test.
(About every 3 weeks).  The school does not require that instructors look at
home work.  Some instructors do not.
These composition books are, for the most part, a disaster.

How do you motivate students to do homework??

Sincerely,

John

yes  no
Visit related discussions: