Subject:   RE: Homework
Author: kristinams
Date: Aug 9 2006
One strategy that I use for homework is I have them do their homework, correct
it with the answers posted on the back wall, and have them ask questions.  Then,
every week I do Homework Quizzes.  This is where I take around 3 sections of
homework and choose problems to have the student copy from their homework to the
homework quiz paper.  They are then graded on whether their work is there and it
is correct.

I hope this helps

On Aug  9 2006, later tater wrote:
> One strategy you may consider is to assign bonus points on tests for
> homework problems.  You've already initiated the first
> step...students complete homework in a composition book.  I assume
> you review the homework by going over it in class, so all problems
> SHOULD be correct.  All you have to do is add a bonus section to
> each of your assessments and this could be done on the chalkboard or
> overhead.  The bonus question(s) would simply be to copy Problem #
> whatever from their compostition book for a designated day's
> homework assignment.  If you don't want students referring to their
> notebooks during the assessment, this could be done separately after
> the test is turned in.

For example:  BONUS - Problem 6 from
> Tuesday's homework

If this is done on the overhead, you could
> easily change the assigned problem for various classes.  This would
> avoid the "hallway warning" of "Hey, today's bonus is #6 from
> Tuesday's homework."

Hope this helps.

yes  no
Visit related discussions: