Subject:   RE: home work
Author: Mathman
Date: Oct 4 2006
On Oct  4 2006, markovchaney wrote:
> Centuries? Really?

I was simply referring to the fact that those who wished to improve upon their
education did so by doing more outside of the classroom [thus "homework"].
Whether or not that was assigned by teacher or self is immaterial and picayune.
The argument remains that work done outside of the classroom is of benefit, and
sometimes of great benefit.  It is not harmful.  Perhaps the burden of
assignment should in fact be removed from the teacher, but it should also be
true that the students rise or fall on their own merit without argument.  With
the attitude of today's parents I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

David.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Computer