Subject:   RE: Discovering the Value of Pi
Author: jwm462
Date: Oct 16 2006
Yeah, I definitely agree with you, it's very difficult to determine the exact
circumference of the object by just looking at the ruler at the bottom.  I do,
however, also like the slider interface.  A combination of both the text box and
the slider would probably be the most preferrable interface for me.

For example, a text field that would let you enter in a number would be useful
for those who can do that type of math in their head or on paper, but I believe
the slider method would work better for the more visually-oriented students.
Perhaps having both the field and slider in the program, but have each update
the other.  So have the field update to where you drag the slider, and have the
slider update to whatever position you enter in the field.

~Jim

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools in Geometry on Java Applet discussion
Visit related discussions:
Geometry
Java Applet
Tools