Subject:   Picewise functions on TI interactive
Author: Susan
Date: Nov 7 2006
I used to know how to do this, but now it's driving me crazy again.  Can anyone
explain what the third parameter does?  Both example have 0 as the third
parameter.  I've seen other things used for the third parameter, but it is not
explained!  Help!

Define this function as:
g(x) := when(x<-pi, 4*sin(x), 0) + when(x>=-pi and x<0, 2x+6, 0) +
when(x>=0, 6-.1x^2, 0) + when(x>6, undef, 0)

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools on TI Calculator discussion
Visit related discussions:
Texas Instruments
Tools

Discussion Help