Subject:   RE: Inclusion
Author: joyce
Date: Jul 8 2007

We also have full inclusion. We have been working at it for the last two years.
We run 2 levels of math. About one quarter of the students are in the top group.
These students are high performers and move at a faster rate finishing algebra
in grade 8.
For our lower performing students we have tutors who work in the classrooms.  We
also have classes that are co-taught with a special education teacher.  Our
special education teachers create modified assignments, quizzes and tests for
the special education students who require them.
Next year we are adopting the Connecticut Math Project.  It has materials for
the special needs student.  It also has many suggestions for creating extensions
for higher ability students.
How big is your school. Do you have access to tutors?
Let me know if you have any other questions?

Joyce Hamilton

yes  no
Post a new topic to the All Tools discussion

Discussion Help