GRADE 4 - 6 / Age 9-11The Five Challenges
1. How many ways can you express the number 2?
2. The following figure is composed of congruent squares. How many rectangles can be traced in the figure?
3. You have 5 pennies in your pocket. One of them is your lucky penny. You reach into your pocket for yoru lucky penny. What is the probability you will pull out your lucky penny?
4. A 6-pack of soda costs $1.68. An 8-pack of soda costs $2.16. Which is the better buy?
5. There are 5,280 feet in one mile. How many inches are there in one mile? How many feet are there in 27 miles?
Be sure to use your MathWorld Interactive six problem-solving steps. Have fun!
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.