*username/password for any access
**username/password for full access
Five Dimensions: Mathematics, Technology, Teaching, Learning, and Assessing
Here are some samples of more tools for developing rational number concepts. To find even more search in Math Tools for "fractions Virtual Manipulatives."
- Pie Chart
- Adjustable Spinner
- Fraction Pieces
- Multiplying Fractions
Since games are frequently written in Flash, browse on Flash under Technology Types. Add your grade to the browse to limit even more. Here is a sample:
- Arithmetic Four
- tPoW: Munching Bugs
- Help Sam the Chameleon use a special rule to find the bugs he can eat.
- tPoW: Temperature Change
- Use the given information to find the temperature.
- tPoW: Galactic Exchange II
- By using the vending machine to buy food, determine the relative values of the coins.
- tPoW: Miranda and the Rookie
- Use a spreadsheet to compare salaries of the star basketball player and the rookie.
- Tool: Function Machine Game [Shodor's Project Interactivate]
- Students investigate very simple functions by trying to guess the algebraic form from inputs and outputs.
- Tool: Function Machine [National Library of Virtual Manipulatives]
- This virtual manipulative is designed to teach the concept of a function. It does so by allowing you experiment with various functions.
- Tool: The Maze Game [Shodor's Project Interactivate]
- This activity allows the user to practice their point plotting skills by having them move a robot through a mine field to a target location.
- Tool: Cutouts, Nets [Freudenthal Institute]
- Dynamic net for constructing Platonic solids. Slider adjusts from flat to solid; it is interesting to see the shapes materialize from the flat nets.
- Tool: Balance applets
- A series of balance applets of increasing difficulty.
Send comments to the facilitators: Annie, Cynthia, Steve, and Suzanne