2011 Index Page
Participant Outreach Activities
Update Contact Info
Send Note: Suzanne & Richard
Reasoning from Data and Chance
Exploring Discrete Math
Implementing Lesson Study
Learning about Topology
E-table - McAllen, Texas
Ning: PCMI 2011
For almost 20 years, the Math Forum has been at the forefront of math education, tackling the challenges of teachers, schools and school districts head on. We are the world's leading online mathematics education community, and our mission is clear: To help teachers teach and help students learn.
Craig: noticing/wondering activity
Suzanne: debriefing of the activity
Craig: highlights of the Math Forum site
Suzanne: how to join the Math Forum community
- Problems of the Week Scenario Samples
- Rolling Triangle [Problem #3375] Scenario || Scenario2
- Bracelet Craze [Problem #1013] Scenario
- Snail's Trail [Problem #5247] Scenario
- Filling Glasses [Problem #5104] Scenario || Scenario2 || Rubric || Problem
- tPoWs (free but require login)
- Technology Problem of the Week
- Traffic Jam
- Heads and Tails
- Problems of the Week Memberships
- Compare features
- What Ignites the Math Forum?
- Max Ray: Why 2 > 4: A Proof by Induction
- Steve Weimar: Why Did You Do That?
- Annie Fetter: Ever Wonder What They'd Notice?
- Resource Links
- Join the Conversations at the Math Forum
- Free Online Resources
- Mastering the Common Core Mathematical Practices Through Problem-Solving Strategies
- Problem Solving and Communication Activity Series
- Writing to Develop Understanding: The Math Forum @ Drexel's PoWs
- Problem Solving-It Has to Begin with Noticing and Wondering
- Think You Don't Have Time to Use the PoWs?
- Sample Teacher Packets
- Primary PoW Packet: How Many Berries Did I Eat?
- Math Fundamentals PoW Packet: Mr. Lincoln's Line
- Pre-Algebra PoW Packet: A Pound of Valentine's Chocolates
- Algebra PoW Packet: Math Club Mystery
- Geometry PoW Packet: Extending the Enneagon
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2014 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the Institute for Advanced Study, 1 Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre and Jim King
With program support provided by Math for America
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0314808 and Grant No. ESI-0554309. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.