Lesson Study Summary
Monday - Friday, July 15 - 19, 2013
As we taught last Wednesday, we took Monday off.
Today we came up with a list of to-do items to prepare our final product.
- The final lesson plan has to account for all changes and be split into times allotted for each activity. Additionally, facilitator notes needed to be added with some specific items that teachers can watch out for as they are teaching.
- The activities in the lesson need to be aligned to mathematical practices.
- The product abstract needs to be written.
- Lesson objectives need to be mapped to CCSS.
- The materials list needs to be finalized.
- Additional instructions need to be provided for teachers to impose a grid onto the map of their choice.
After assembling our to-do list. We spent the rest of the working period individually tackling our assigned item.
Today was spent aggregating and formatting the individual pieces of our final product for final submission.
Back to Journal Index
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2013 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the School of Mathematics
at the Institute for Advanced Study, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre and Jim King
With program support provided by Math for America
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0314808.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed
in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect
the views of the National Science Foundation.