Q&A #1022

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Creative ideas for teaching remedial math

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003052115:56:13
Subject: Creating addion practice sheets.

Addition practice sheets are easy to make with spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel. Go to cell 1A and insert =10*RAND(). Then, you can click the Decrease decimal on the tool bar until you have an integer. Then copy right to about 1I. Then copy down all the way for a page or so. This will generate a bunch of random integers that will not exceed 10. You can then insert four rows under each pair of integers and in one of the rows, insert '_______ for an add line. Right justify so that the add line moves all the way to the right. You will need to copy this right and also paste entire row in under each set of number pairs. You will get the idea. You can dress it up as much as you want. I think this will help greatly for those who need practice sheets. I noticed that one of my kindergarten grandchildren needed a little practice. So I changed the top line of his practice sheets to one's or twos's etc. so he could learn the easy ones first. Maybe this will help him when he starts first grade next year. Hope this helps.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®