From: rachel <r_carty@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006100500:52:37
Subject: Re: has the issue of FEE as taught been solved?

In my daughters math book, the answer would have been <300.
You would subtract the 9 from the 12 to get 3.  Then you add zeros.
Whether or not you would round the 3 up or down depends on the numbers
to the right.  You cannot subtract 52 from 00, so that's where you get
the <300.  I know confusing!  200 also seems correct.  952 would round
to 1000 and 1200 would stay the same. subtract and you get 200.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/