From: Shantel Ross <shantelr2000@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006042914:29:42
Subject: Re: Re: Hands on Algebra

I will respond to my own posting years later.  There is absolutly
nothing wrong with using manipulatives for 9th grade algebra students.
How is it that we as educators loose so many our students in High
School?  Perhaps it's because we fail to teach our students addressing
all of the intelligences? Think back for a moment....
Elementary teachers use teaching strategies to address all of the
intelligences.  They allow their students to move around, sing to
recall facts, use blocks, real money,etc. What happens in most algebra
classes in a High School?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®