From: Loyd <Loydlin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021715:52:17
Subject: Re: you can ALWAYS divide across!

On 2004021714:33:20, DOG wrote:

>When you get the two fractions to have common denominators, you can
>ALWAYS divide across.  This process of finding common denominators is
>not as mysterious as the "waving of the wand" that we all learned
>(invert and multiply).  You end up with the same solution, but the
>reason is more justifiable since you are still dividing, not using
>inverse operations.

You need to explain what you are talking about. Give an example so we
can see your method.

One doesn't need to get a common denominator to divide fractions.  I
don't see you point re the common denominator.  Please show us how you
would divide 1/3 by 1/4.  The answer is 4/3.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/