From: Steven belaire <sbelaire@linuxfreemail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000051001:09:29
Subject: Re: Speeding up

Your child might have Attention Defficient Disorder.  I am an adult
with the disorder and have only recently come to that realization.  I
was described as a "gifted" child and had little problems with
understanding of concepts during school but was a very slow reader and
had difficulty getting around to finishing my homework.

There are various medical and non-medical treatments for ADD/ADD with
hyperactivity (which some ADD sufferers have, and some (such as I) do
not).  Growing up with ADD without knowing it is very difficult on the
parents and especially the child with whom is afflicted.

     - Hope this helps.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®