From: Steven belaire

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000051002:09:29
Subject: Re: Speeding up

Your child might have Attention Defficient Disorder. I am an adult with the disorder and have only recently come to that realization. I was described as a "gifted" child and had little problems with understanding of concepts during school but was a very slow reader and had difficulty getting around to finishing my homework. There are various medical and non-medical treatments for ADD/ADD with hyperactivity (which some ADD sufferers have, and some (such as I) do not). Growing up with ADD without knowing it is very difficult on the parents and especially the child with whom is afflicted. - Hope this helps.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/