From: Cade Mac <seventhgrade1@zoomshare.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007032220:49:24
Subject: Kumon Math

I am a middle school teacher that teaches math, and one of my students
used to be not proficient in math. He is now in the 9th grade, a
freshman in high school. When he was in 7th grade, his parents
suggested that he took Kumon. Kumon uses repetative calculation to
stregnth his ability to preform math. When he started, he was just on
division, level D, by the end of the 8th grade. Compared to the 6th
and 7th grade, his grades in math zoomed up from a C+ to a A. The
Kumon method focuses on basic techniques in math, you need to grasp
the basics to learn university, even high school math. Now, as a 9th
grader, the student I was talking about before, he still does Kumon,
he is learning factorisation in the Kumon Method now, Level I. After
seeing how much improvment he had made in his grades, I think that
Kumon does a good thing.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®