From: Jim Janossy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021320:21:55
Subject: Combining array concepts in Java with simple graphing

I'm curious as to the level of interest in an approach to graphing linear and non-linear equations that combines an intro to this with the use of Javal introducing the concept of arrays. I included two problems in a workbook I just developed for an intro to Java for high schoolers, if you get a chance and want to see what I am suggesting you can download sample pages with a graph illustration of both types of simple graph from www.javaplease.com, a web site now up that provides .pdf downloads. Also included are simple bar graphs developed by tabulating the occurrence of letters in text documents, once again to combine logic techniques with graphing. Seems to me that providing this type of visually-oriented output can make teaching and learning concepts easier and fun. Interested in your thoughts. -JJ

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/