From: Jim Janossy <jjanossy@depaul.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004021320:21:55
Subject: Combining array concepts in Java with simple graphing

I'm curious as to the level of interest in an approach to graphing
linear and non-linear equations that combines an intro to this with
the use of Javal introducing the concept of arrays. I included two
problems in a workbook I just developed for an intro to Java for high
schoolers, if you get a chance and want to see what I am suggesting
you can download sample pages with a graph illustration of both types
of simple graph from www.javaplease.com, a web site now up that
provides .pdf downloads. Also included are simple bar graphs developed
by tabulating the occurrence of letters in text documents, once again
to combine logic techniques with graphing. Seems to me that providing
this type of visually-oriented output can make teaching and learning
concepts easier and fun. Interested in your thoughts. -JJ

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/