From: Ruth Moore <trcepmoore@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003022408:46:20
Subject: converting fractions to decimals

We are home schooling here in remote WA and are using the Heinemann
Outcomes books.  Our Year 9 daughter is unsure of how to convert
fractions to decimals when they look like this,

     -24                18
      32               -21

Please could you give us a tip.  I know the answer is 75% for the
first one but am stuck as how to explain it away.

Yours sincerely

Ruth Moore

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question