From: Chris <ctyler@durango.k12.co.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006102520:03:26
Subject: Re: Fixing a black screen

My screen on my TI-83 Pluse went completely black.  I replaced the
batteries, checked the back up battery, but to no avail, the
calculator did not work.  The only buttons that worked were the 2nd
and on/off buttons.  So I tried basically rebooting it.  Here are the
strokes:
Press the 2nd key, then the mem key (+)
Press the down button six times (to get the the 7: Reset option
Press enter
Press enter (1: All RAM)
Press down button once (2: Reset)
Press enter