From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006011820:46:46
Subject: Re: TI-83 Plus - variables - help

On 2006011817:48:44, Joseph wrote: >Can someone tell me how to type in a varible? For example, how would I >enter 6 + x = 10 > >Thanks > Rewrite the equation as: 6+x-10=y or X-4=y Then press the Y= button and enter equation. Use the x,t,o,n button for x. The o is for theta. I couldn't make a theta. Press the graph button and you should see a graph of the equation. You can use the calc button to find the zero which is the x value where y=0. To find the zero, press gold calc and enter 2 which is for finding zeros. Move left cursor so that it is below the x axis and press enter. Then, move cursor above x axis and press enter. Press enter again (no guess needed) and you will read x=4 and y=0.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/