From: Julie <vettegirl_jb@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001111116:51:40
Subject: Re: When to use graphing calculators

I have a teacher who doesn't allow the use of calculators because he
wants to be sure that we understand the idea.  We are free to use
calculators on homework problems when the numbers can get complicated.
However, on tests he uses problems that don't require calculators
because he is more interested in finding if we understand the concept.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/