From: Owen
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006110315:17:30
Subject: K-2 Math

You said:  "I really appreciate any suggestions you could give me. I
feel comfortable teaching math, but this is an unusual situation - I'm
not sure about the most effective lesson for a 20-minute time period
with children I don't know."

 You could get them started on DotMath for kids.  Have them play with
dice until they know the dot patterns.  This is something all the
children can do.  Have them work on  "The Fun Book".  The Dotmath book
to help them link the dots to then number symbols.  You can get this
info at the DotMath of kids web site:

http://dotmath.tripod.com/

   You can click on this link and it should take you to the site.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®