From: D. Sheahan

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007050900:40:27
Subject: Re: CGI Math

What is so bad about children thinking outside of the box. Our district has started training us on CGI math and my first graders are understanding concepts like multiplication and division instead of just memorizing a bunch of rules. Mathematically they are so much more advanced and they are finding multiple ways to solve problems. Isn't that what we want for them?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/