From: Dawn <Dawn7635@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003010420:02:10
Subject: Re: Math Clubs

Hi Anne! I have already started a middle school math club. We take
care of the school store(buying supplies and money management)and we
are also the scrubbers for the school (K-8). We go to each room in the
school and clean the technology. This is done during our club activity
period. This time helps us a lot!! We also have a window in the case
to display our store schedule and pictures of the club working.
and any correspondance. The sixth graders do the display case. The
schedule for the store is set up by the pres. and v.pres. All the
members work the store. I go get the supplies they feel we need and
get reimbursed by the math club's account.
The best way to get started is to find out exactly what the purpose of
the club will be. Then you need to determine the requirements. I had
to have students who were responsible and who were mid-level in math.
After that everything will fall into place.
If you get any info about a national t-shirt design, please send me an
e-mail. I know FCA and 4-H has one but I have been looking for one for
the math club. Thanks. If you have any questions, just e-mail me.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/