Q&A #1739

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Purpose of studying algebra

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: alberto Villasenor

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003030500:14:32
Subject: Re: The purpose of algebra

When I was in the classroom(I taught math K-12), and I was asked anything like "are we ever going to use this". My reply would go something like this, " I cannot fortell the future, maybe you will but perhaps you won't" You study math today because it prepares you for anything that you might want to be later on in life" And also you study math because it is perhaps the best creation of the human mind and it will develop your mind and teach you to appreciate it. After that no one asked that question for the rest of the year.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®