From: Joe <roskow12@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2014102310:32:22
Subject: Re: The Potential Dangers of Teaching Touch Math

Hi,

I work as a software engineer and got my bachelor's in computer
engineering. At 24 years old (and I can't remember the last time I did
this), I just found myself using touch math on a '4' to add it up. I
realized how permanent the damage is from learning this method and how
mindless it really is. Good write up. Unfortunate that it is still
being used.

Joe

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question