From: Barry <bchlypavka@k12.wv.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2015111219:03:25
Subject: Re: The Potential Dangers of Teaching Touch Math

As a child struggling to do math, I was one of those who "invented" a
way to get it done. It is now called (and marketed) as TouchMath.
The piece above suggests that children will not be able to drop the
TouchMath procedure as they progress, for me it was like the training
wheels on a bike, they came off one day and never were needed again.
I can ride a bike and do math without using the learning tools I once
needed.
I wish I had patented Touchmath,,,,

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question