From: Dawn

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009022118:31:15
Subject: Re: Re: touch point math

My son was taught TouchPoint math in first grade. He was very successful during that year, but when his second grade teacher did not have a knowledge of this system he (and others in the class) quickly fell behind in standard computations. I think that TouchPoint math could be a valuable tool if taught in tandem with more traditional methods. The teacher MUST always remember that this system MUST be taught as a complement rather than the primary standard for addition and subtraction in the early grades. I would not say that I am a fan of this system, but I can see how it can be benificial initially.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/