From: Dawn <arich7091@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009022117:31:15
Subject: Re: Re: touch point math

My son was taught TouchPoint math in first grade. He was very
successful during that year, but when his second grade teacher did not
have a knowledge of this system he (and others in the class) quickly
fell behind in standard computations. I think that TouchPoint math
could be a valuable tool if taught in tandem with more traditional
methods. The teacher MUST always remember that this system MUST be
taught as a complement rather than the primary standard for addition
and subtraction in the early grades.
I would not say that I am a fan of this system, but I can see how it
can be benificial initially.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®