From: anna <meggsa@k12tn.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007111216:13:44
Subject: Re: math fluency

Most of the research I've been reading lately says a fact should be
recalled in 2 seconds or less. We use the Great Leaps Math Program for
testing in our county. The students must answer a certain amount of
problems correctly in one minute to be fluent. For third grade for
adddition and subtraction facts (0-18) they would need to answer about
25 problems correctly in a minute. For multiplication facts
0,1,2,5,10's They would need to answer about 25 problems in a minute.
We teach the 0-9 facts but they are only required to be fluent on
0,1,2,5,10's by the end of third grade. We test 4th and 5th graders on
all of the mult. and div. facts.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®