From: Jeannie Sims <rjnsims@mindspring.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003081419:04:15
Subject: Concerned Parent Questions

My child's school is implementing the Trailblazers program this fall.
My understanding from his school is that ability grouping is
contraindicated for Trailblazers lessons.  With the extreme range of
math ability for fourth graders, it is hard for me to understand
teaching them all the same material.  Are there any recommendations
 from Trailblazers or experienced teachers about this?  Also, does this
program seem to work equally well for students at all ability levels?
Is it a one size fits all kind of program?
Thanks for your input.
Jeannie Sims, Parent

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question