From: Mary < >
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005093016:13:30
Subject: Trailblazers is blazing a bad  trail

 I am giving the Trailblazer program an " F " because  I have not seen
one assignment that hasn't discusted me! My sons are in  3 rd grade
now in the North Rockland School district (NY)and if they are confused
about Math it is this program that is messing them up.
 It's the wording, the approach everything year after year rots !I
wonder how many teachers think this program really s---S but can't say
anything. There was a phonetic way of spelling refered to as the "
Distar" method that screwed up a generation of kids before they threw
the program out.Is this what Trailblazers will do ?, If you look at a
math book from the Catholic schools it is a variation on the approach
...but it makes sense.  The questions are not age appropriate . Let's
ask the teachers who have to teach Trailblazer if it should get thrown
out and what Math program they think should be used .They have the
expertise , don't they ?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®