From: Sharon

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 1998120207:30:19
Subject: NCTM Standards

There continues to be a debate about implementing the NCTM standards. I am wondering how other practicing K-12 teachers are thinking about the NCTM standards? In what ways are the standards impacting teaching in the classroom? What are the pros and cons of a standards-based curriculum? What are the reasons that some of us are choosing not to implement the standards? I would like to hear how other teachers are thinking about this.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/