From: Steve Waltz <waltz.steve@hsmv.state.fl.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006072109:27:22
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Classroom Openers

As a preservice teacher, I haven't had a chance to try this with
students yet. The challenge is 2 take 6 equal length unsharpened
pencils and make 4 equilateral triangles without breaking or crossing
the pencils. The trick is thinking 3 dimensions. I can't confirm that
there are no other solutions, but a triangular pyramid is likely to be
considered tricky. (Placing the eraser end of the pencils at the
bottom helps with stability.)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®