Q&A #2599

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Classroom Openers

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Steve Waltz

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006072110:27:22
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Classroom Openers

As a preservice teacher, I haven't had a chance to try this with students yet. The challenge is 2 take 6 equal length unsharpened pencils and make 4 equilateral triangles without breaking or crossing the pencils. The trick is thinking 3 dimensions. I can't confirm that there are no other solutions, but a triangular pyramid is likely to be considered tricky. (Placing the eraser end of the pencils at the bottom helps with stability.)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®