From: Jeff Wilson

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005100312:22:01
Subject: Double Division - ?beter than long division?

Hello Loyd, I like your long division image: http://members.aol.com/loydlin3/Ldivide.jpg Here is an alternative method for the same problem: http://www.clubiris.com/Ddivide.gif The classical long division method may be the most efficient, but I think it is pretty confusing and involves too much trial and error. Given that people will actually do long division very rarely in life, it may be better if there was a formal method that was more intuitive and less frustrating. Double Division - ?better than long division? http://www.clubiris.com/DoubleDivision.html Everyone is encouraged to check this out and forward it to anyone who may be interested. Jeff

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/