From: Billie Jo

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003021501:17:10
Subject: Re: Re: Re:best math series

You say: "I have also worked with the Investigation series. If you thought Everyday Math was a nightmare I think you will have difficulty with Investigations. I have worked with both and like them both, but Investigations is even more constructivist than Everyday Math. There is not the reading difficulty with Investigations, but you really need to know your stuff. Staff development is a must." actually, better than staff development would be to just use a different program. Kids just don't learn very much from this kind of program---it is fun, but not particularly instructive. Everyday math does not even bother, for example, to present long division or division by fractions. Any child who wants to go to college, or maybe get a job one day, ought to actually learn math, so I would recommend using something else altogether.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/