From: Martha

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000122815:54:09
Subject: Re: Math Series

Well, I myself am a second year teacher, but I can tell you about a math series that stinks! That is the Houghton Mifflin Math Central. Although it may sound or look good, it does not facilitate the learning for the children. There is ONLY ONE example in every area of instruction, which does not allow the child to LOOK BACK, in case they did not understand the concept. I think that a series should be able to reinforce the lesson that was taught with similar examples or even different ways to approach a problem. A series should also cover multiple disciplines or at least incorporate content areas into math. After all, the REAL WORLD is integrated together. I know this may not be much, but it's a thought. Martha :-)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/