From: Keith Stephens

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000082621:25:36
Subject: Re: Topology

I myself find topology an amazingly interesting topic but I have to ask the question What is the motivation to teach it to high school students My only motivation would be to simply arouse their interst in the wonders of mathematics and I dont think we need to go very deep into the subject ot achieve this aim. A few mobius strips and coloring problems. Converting a coffee cup into a donut would fI think be enough

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/