Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: M. Downey

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000111321:00:12
Subject: Re: Accelerated Math

Of course it is always easiest to teach one on one but not always the best approach. What about stretching the students that are below to average students by introducing them to new ideas and concepts. How about approaching a problem in different ways and illustrating those ways. Asking students to show how they arrived at their answer in front of the class on the whiteboard? What about reinforcing already learned processes by doing problems on the board in front of the entire class? It has been my experience that the brighter kids draw the others up with them. And as a last comment what an easy lesson plan -- but I'd have to say an extremely lazy way to teach. You may be out of a job soon if this is so great and more people decide to home school using this program.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®