Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Carol

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005111812:01:57
Subject: accelerated math program

I am a retired teacher who tutors on the side. I have been doing this for a number of years. Our local rural school district began using AM several years ago incorrectly. They replaced the entire math curriculum with it and do NO teaching. It is very easy for the teachers... no lessons to prepare, no lectures to give, no homework to grade, no tests to do, and I could go on and on. The students HATE it and flock to me in droves. It is easy to cheat on and they tell me how it can be done. Test scores have dropped dramatically. Also, in analyzing what the program offers, I have concluded that even if it were used correctly, it is seriously flawed. Many concepts are missing and others are taught incorrectly. There is so much that is bad that I do not have room to discuss it here. If anyone is interested in knowing more, contact me and I can give specific details. If you use this program, please be very careful. Carol

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/