Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: DJ <Debbie_Freeman@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2011020802:51:44
Subject: Re: Re: accelerated math program

My fourth grader is beyond frustrated with this system! On his
paperwork coming home is three tiered addition problems which he still
can't do correctly due to problems with carrying correctly, and now
for the stunner; This class started working on times tables for 6
weeks now and on this page is times tables, division, and beginning
algebra!

p X 6 = 24 Write out the correct sentences under the equation!
It should be written out by the student like this:

p = 24 divided by 6
p = 4

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? And yes I am yelling! This boy is only 10 years
old!! I didn't learn math problems like this until grade 9! (And I am
a teacher also!)

This is a class that got introduced to times tables 6 weeks ago!!!!

I think this system is only to make kids feel like failures. I'm going
to meet with the teacher and then look for a another school.

Sincerely,
A very ticked off parent of a 10 yr old who faces math with tears!
PS This is a program for lazy teachers.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®