Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Amanda Howard

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003071323:02:34
Subject: Re: Re: Re: accelerated math program

I have taught with Accelerated Math for three years now. The multiple choice questions are at the mercy of the teacher. You can print a an exercise with or wothout the multiple choice. Most teachers choose the multiple choice format because they do not want to grade anything by hand. In the free answer format, the teacher must grade the assignment using a printed key and then go into the computer and check correct or incorrect for each problem (very time consuming) I myself have found that I like to use the free responses exercises in my direct instruction, and I check the students work as I go around the classroom. I then send them on their own with a multiple choice practice. I did not use much of the textbook this year. Their are still many kinks that I would like to work out, but when the Stanford 9 test scores came in, 100% of my students made a full years growth in math. So I am all for the program.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®