Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Ed Ross

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000111822:29:16
Subject: Accelerated Math

You might check with Gary Washington, curriculum coordinator with the Beebe School Dist. in Beebe, AR. I took my math teachers there to observe Accelerated Math in use during school elem thru H.S. This is their 3rd year to use the program. I was very impressed with it. It allows for individualizing every math class, incorporates mastery learning, students may not proceed until they have mastered material at a proficient (80%) level. Students have multiple opportunities for success, the assessment piece makes sure each student is doing work on their own level. The scanner grades the papers and students have instant feedback. It allows all students to proceed at their own rate of learning. Frees up much more time for teacher to teach and the teaching is much more relevant to each student. As you can tell I am quite impressed with the program. Ed Ross, H.S. Principal Altus-Denning H. S. Altus, AR 72821

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/