Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Ed Ross <edross@owls.wsc.k12.ar.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000111822:29:16
Subject: Accelerated Math

	You might check with Gary Washington, curriculum coordinator with the
Beebe School Dist. in Beebe, AR.  I took my math teachers there to
observe Accelerated Math in use during school elem thru H.S.

This is their 3rd year to use the program. I was very impressed with
it.  It allows for individualizing every math class, incorporates
mastery learning, students may not proceed until they have mastered
material at a proficient (80%) level. Students have multiple
opportunities for success, the assessment piece makes sure each
student is doing work on their own level. The scanner grades the
papers and students have instant feedback.  It allows all students to
proceed at their own rate of learning.  Frees up much more time for
teacher to teach and the teaching is much more relevant to each
student.

As you can tell I am quite impressed with the program.

Ed Ross,
H.S. Principal
Altus-Denning H. S.
Altus, AR  72821