Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Amy Burnett

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082710:07:39
Subject: Best implementation of Accelerated Math

This is my first year teaching and I am working in a rural school that has had the Accelerated Math program for the last two years. ALL of the kids hate it, but I am required by my contract to use the program. I know very little about it, but I do know that the teacher I replaced was not implementing it the right way. I've read the discussion and I see that most of the kids like it, but not here. I found out that the previous teacher required completion of two objectives every week- on the student's own time. I don't believe there is ANY motivation for the student to do the work then. She also assigned 30+ homework problems every night and very few kids did their homework. So how do I add in AM without losing a TON of lesson time and not having them do it all on their own? Help! We have approx. 47 min classes (some 45, some 50). Please give suggestions!!! Thanks in advance! Amy Burnett Ridgeway R-V Ridgeway, MO

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®