Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Alison Uuereb

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002092214:38:00
Subject: Re: Best implementation of Accelerated Math

After reading your message I feel that the first thing you will need to do is get to know the program fully! This is our school's 2nd year using this program but I only started teaching AM last week. That was due to me teaching two classes of Math Investigations and having my partner teacher teach all of AM. I am just getting to know the program and as highly frustrated at the beginning because of my lack of knowledge. With time however, I've come to organize and implement some management strategies to allow it to work for my classroom. Currently, I am doing an Action Research Project for a Masters class that is allowing me to focus on the implementing and goal setting for AM. While doing research however, I've noticed that even the developers of AM say that it is a program that should be used as a SUPPLIMENT to you district math program (eg. Everyday Math, Investigations, HBJ)And not to be used as the soul teaching method of math. I would also suggest you doing some more research into AM and the needs of your students. Teachers needs to make more noise if it's not working..

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®