Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #2916

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Alison Uuereb <AUuereb@cloverpark.k12.wa.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002092214:38:00
Subject: Re: Best implementation of Accelerated Math

After reading your message I feel that the first thing you will need
to do is get to know the program fully!  This is our school's 2nd year
using this program but I only started teaching AM last week.  That was
due to me teaching two classes of Math Investigations and having my
partner teacher teach all of AM.  I am just getting to know the
program and as highly frustrated at the beginning because of my lack
of knowledge.  With time however, I've come to organize and implement
some management strategies to allow it to work for my classroom.

Currently, I am doing an Action Research Project for a Masters class
that is allowing me to focus on the implementing and goal setting for
AM.  While doing research however, I've noticed that even the
developers of AM say that it is a program that should be used as a
SUPPLIMENT to you district math program (eg. Everyday Math,
Investigations, HBJ)And not to be used as the soul teaching method of
math.

I would also suggest you doing some more research into AM and the
needs of your students.  Teachers needs to make more noise if it's not
working..

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®