From: Owen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006072316:01:40
Subject: How to get motivated

Take some time off to search out all the new developements in math. There is less stress as a student than as the teacher. The more you know the more confident you will be. Also look for the excitment in a students face when they have an "ah ha" moment (like they get it). I designed a system to teach k-4 math that helps the children beat the calculator. It is called DotMath for kids. I find it very rewarding to see their face when they get 100%. Last week I taught this to a friends grand daughter from Texas. The girl is in grade one. I showed her how to use the paper calculator and she had a race against her father (he had a real calculator). She beat him every time. The battery died in his calculator on the race. She was so pleased that she did not have to worry about a dead battery with her paper calculator. The web site is at http://dotmath.tripod.com/ I hope you find this of interest. Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/