From: Anonymous

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003051015:41:22
Subject: I would like to ask you all some questions

Hello, I'm not a math teacher yet, but I'm in college majoring in secondary education. But I would like to ask you all some questions. I have project due soon. So would like to get some ideas about these questions. Could somebody please answer these questions, if you would not mind? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and I appreciate your response. 1. Are single gender classrooms a good idea? Please explain. 2. What strengths do students placed at risk bring to the classroom? How can teachers take advantage of these strengths? 3. Do you believe racial discrimination remains a major problem for society today? What could or should schools do to alleviate this problem? 4. What role should schools play in dealing with social issues such as teenage sexuality, alcohol, and drug use? 5. What is your opinion on bilingual education? Should it be generally banned as it is in California, or do you believe California made a mistake? Please explain in your position. 6. Based on the organization of typical elementary schools, what are the primary advantages and disadvantages of teaching in an elementary school? How could elementary schools be organized differently to improve the education of all students? (Please include examples of the organization in the answer.) 7. Based on the organization of typical high school, what are the primary advantages and disadvantages of teaching in a high school? How could high school be organized differently to improve education for all students? (Please include examples of the organization.) 8. Two great African American educational leaders had theories on how the Negro should integrate into society. Compare and contrast the education philosophy of Booker T. Washington and W. E. Dubois. State which leader you agree with and why.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/